Daily Habits

Photo taken by my teacher

What are daily habits? Daily habits are daily behaviors that you do by default. For the past two months my whole Language Arts class has been planking every day. The first week we planked 30 seconds per day. Then we kept adding 15 seconds every week. And we ended up planking 2 minutes and 15 seconds. To remind us to plank every day we had a habit tracker and we colored in a space every day we planked. 

Photo taken by me.

After two months of planking we had a planking competition where everyone planked and whoever planked the longest without turning or falling won. When we started to plank we guessed how long Ms. Donnelly, my language arts teacher, could plank. She ended up planking 5 minutes and I had guessed 7 minutes so I was the closest! I planked for 4 minutes and 23 seconds but the person in my class plank who planked the longest planked for 10 minutes. After we finished planking we all made a new habit to do instead of planking. My goal was to drink 3 bottles of water per day. I chose this goal because drinking water is a really important thing to do and I want to drink more water per day. 

Taken by my teacher.

At the beginning of our planking I could only plank for 1 minute and it was hard. But after I had finished my daily habit I could plank for 4 minutes! I encourage you, the reader, to create a daily habit for yourself and to make it fun! I would love it if you shared your daily habit. Thanks!

30maddyg

One Comment