My Bunny Frost

What animal looks like a ball of fluff and has cute floppy ears? If you guessed a bunny then you’re right! Today I am writing about my adorable bunny named Frost. His name is Frost because he is mostly white with a little bit of gray. Another reason we named him Frost is because his dad’s name was Jack Frost. He is 1 year old. I love cuddling up with him, his nose twitching, and his back heaving with every breath he takes. I got my adorable fluff ball from Breadbox Farms. If you are interested in adopting a bunny from there see the link below.

Next I’m going to write about why I got my bunny. It all started in the summer 2022. My family and I were going to the Outer Banks with my 6 cousins and grandparents. It was a really nice beach house with a pool and a lot of rooms. But unfortunately a couple days before the trip was supposed to end one of my cousins got Covid. Sadly, we all had to leave early. We were all very sad because we don’t get to see our cousins a lot since they live in Pennsylvania. But our sadness was soon cured because when we got home my parents announced that we were going to go to bunny therapy at Breadbox Farms. What’s bunny therapy? Well, bunny therapy turned out to be you go to this place then a person dumps a basket of tiny bunnies into a cage and you got to go in and play with them! It was so fun! I recommend going because it is calming, cute, soft, and cuddly.

After we left bunny therapy we were all amazed how cute and calm the bunnies were and since my brother has always wanted a bunny we decided to look into getting one. It turns out that Breadbox Farms also sells bunnies too! Breadbox Farms is a small rabbit breeding company. The bunnies they sell are called Netherland Dwarf bunnies which are the smallest breed of bunnies. On their website it has a list of things you can get for your bunny and some recommended brands. It was super helpful. After we got some bunny supplies, all we had to do so we could apply to adopt a bunny was fill out an easy form. The form asked a couple of questions about our home situation and what color, age, and gender we wanted our bunny to be. Soon after we submitted the form we got an email saying we could come to choose a bunny the next week.

It felt like years until the time I had been waiting for arrived, the day we were getting our bunny! We arrived there around mid afternoon and we were welcomed into the breeder, Robbin’s house. She told us to sit down on a couch while she went and got 3 bunnies. The bunnies she brought back included a small brown one, a white one, and a gray one. The brown one was quiet and shy. Robbin said he was a good lap bunny. The gray one was energetic and very adventurous. Robbin said she would be good if we wanted to play with it a lot. The white one was shy but also kind of adventurous. Robbin said he would be a good lap bunny and a good playmate. We decided to get the white one. Robbin did a quick check up and showed us how to clip his nails. Then we took him home! Frost has been a great addition to our family and we all love him very much. Lastly, I am going to share some cool bunny facts. 1. Bunnies like the top of a carrot (the green part) more than the actual carrot. 2. Bunnies groom themselves so you don’t need to bathe them. 3. Bunnies can fit into very small spaces. For example Frost can fit under 1-3 inch spaces. 4. A rabbit’s teeth never stop growing so they like to gnaw on a bunch of different stuff. 5. There are about 180 breeds of rabbits. I hope you liked my post about these adorable animals!

https://www.breadboxfarm.com

30maddyg

2 Comments

1. Aw, Frost looks so cute in his photos! He really is a great pet. I enjoyed learning more about “Bun-Bun”, Breadbox Farms, bunny therapy, and bunnies in general. Thanks for sharing!